Thursday 12 September 2013

True Talk or Being Naive

So a few months ago, my friends got into this argument about how their wives had to be very pretty and how after getting married, they would make sure she didn't gain weight or get out of physical shape basically and that if she did, they would lose interest instantly, and that when she would start looking old, they wouldn't be able to lay with her, and a lot of similar discussions were made that day.
I personally think along a much different line and some would say that I'm naive or that I'm just being overly optimistic, but i still think the way I do.
I think, first of all, that a marriage should be between two people who LOVE each other, a definition for love is in my very 1st post, they should love each other with the real love that is patient, kind, sees beyond the physical, it isn't self-seeking, it perseveres, always has hope, it isn't rude and it isn't proud. Reference to 1st Corinthians 13. I think love should stand the test of time, and falling in love should be a continuous, never ending roller-coaster of joy. I believe that if you fall in love with a 21 year old beautiful young lady, your feelings shouldn't change simply because she turned 50 and her hair turned gray and she gained 60 pounds or in the case of the ladies, your guy has the chest and 6 packs and few years after marriage, they are replaced by an unending sea of fat and you start thinking, "did i make the right choice?"
I remember this one time, a pastor said that he had been married to his wife for several years and that he was proud to say he still "liked" her because he felt it was impossible to stay in love with someone for a long period of time. That's his opinion, I'm not saying he is wrong, but I don't agree with him.
I think Love is about what is on the inside not the physical, maybe it's the truth, maybe I'm naive, but that is my take.

No comments:

Post a Comment