Monday 6 January 2014

Why Am I a Christian?

I recently came to the realization that religion is geographical. This basically means that your "religious" beliefs are a function of where you were born or raised or the ethnicity of your family. If you were born in an American family or in America, you will be a Christian, if you were born in Northern Africa, you will be a Muslim, India, you practice Hinduism, the list goes in with different places around the world as you can see above. This is one of the factors that makes even thinner the line between spirituality and religiousness. Someone asked me a question once, why am I a christian? Is it because I was raised by a christian by a christian family in a christian home in a side of the world that is majorly christian? No, It may be a major factor to consider, but the point when I realized my true reason for being a christian, it had nothing to do with any of that. The reason why I chose to be a true christian was because I happen to strongly believe in the one thing that just so happens to be the foundation of Christianity... Love, the God kind of love. The love that hopes, that trusts, never gives up, that serves, that is patient, peaceful and kind. The love that is joyous and full of passion, the love that is forgiving and slow to anger, the love that is not proud nor self-seeking. The love that inspires honesty. This is the kind of love I believe in, the kind of love that the bible teaches us... the perfect force for good. That is why I believe in Christ.

2 comments:

  1. God enable us to understand this love n abide by it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God enable us to understand this love n abide by it!!

    ReplyDelete